2020-2021 Tryout Update
To the Concorde Fire Soccer Community
This spring has landed the soccer world in an unprecedented situation due to the pandemic. The safety of our players remains our top priority. While every player, coach and club is ready to be back on the fields, the reality is that we must continue to adhere to the guidelines of our local government and health officials. As such, for the time being, there are severe restrictions on how players can come and train at the fields. Due to these limitations, tryouts would not be an effective process to assess players and place them on teams. In collaboration with UFA, GSA, NTH, SSA, AFU, Ambush, Steamers FC, TYSA, Georgia Express and LSA, the difficult decision has been made to cancel tryouts.
While tryouts may not be taking place in the traditional manner, teams will still be formed at this time for the 2020-21 Soccer Year.
This email serves as an invitation for our current Concorde Fire players to continue to play at Concorde Fire for the 2020-21 year. Our coaches and Directors have been monitoring player development over the past year and we expect few level changes. Coaches will be contacting each player to inform them of their team placement. Following verbal acceptance, our administrative staff will email a SportsEngine registration link to sign up for the upcoming season. If you do not receive a call by Tuesday, May 26, please email Susan Fleck at email@example.com .
We have lowered our initial registration fee to $175 and no other registration fees will be due until August 10th. If the start of the season is delayed until September, payment dates will be adjusted accordingly.
In order to make up for lost training during the past few months, we will begin training throughout the summer at no charge to any registered Concorde Fire player. Training will begin as soon as we are able to safely return to the fields.
To properly register for the 2020-21 year:
1) Register for tryouts if you have not already done so. Here is the link: http://concordefire.com/tryouts
2) If you played on a Concorde Fire team in the 2019-2020 season, expect a call from your coach regarding team placement.
3) If you played on a Concorde Fire team in the 2019-2020 season and received a call from your coach, expect an email invitation to register for a specific team within a week.
4) To guarantee your team placement, register by Sunday, May 31st. Your spot on a team will be opened up to other players thereafter.
5) You will receive information addressing the uniform order. This season is a new uniform year. In order for our supplier to provide our uniforms in time for the Fall season, we have to stay on our scheduled timeline. For this reason, we strongly encourage you to register and order your uniform now.
Will my player be able to make a higher level team? Players will be continually assessed during the summer months.
If I register early, am I guaranteed a roster spot? Yes, all returning players will be placed.
If I register late, will I be guaranteed a roster spot? While there are no guarantees, a team may fill up eliminating your spot. In addition, it may impact the delivery time of your uniform.
If I am not currently a part of Concorde Fire, can I be assessed for a team? Yes. Please register for tryouts and email Ken Kurilec at firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, date of birth, gender and cell phone number.
Once again, thank you for your continued support and patience. This was not an easy decision to make, but the safety of our players will always be our top priority.
Concorde Fire Leadership Team