What will be developed in this program:
Younger Kids U6-U10:
- Ball familiarity and soccer techniques: ball control, passing, shooting.
- Basic motor skills like running, jumping and diving with and without the ball.
- Basic 1v1 and 2v2 attacking situations.
- Basic balance and coordination with and without the ball.
- Perception of team mates and opponents.
Older Kids U11-U14:
- Main soccer techniques: passing, ball control, turning and shooting.
- Balance and coordination with and without the ball.
- Effectiveness in 1v1 to 4v4 attacking and defending situations. More advanced decisions.
- Basic attacking principles in the game: creating space, support and movement.
An example of our basic layout of our sessions will be in 4 parts (2 and 3 could be switched):
PART 1: Warmup, demonstation of techniques and teaching of techniques while doing:
Dynamic warm up with the ball
Individual skills (e.g. Drag back turn)
PART 2: Topic for the Session: Teaching and using technique in an individual/small group setting as well as opposed):
Example Topics: (Passing, shooting, receiving, 1st touch, playing with head up)
PART 3: Fun Games incorporating topics
PART 4: Small Sided Games at the end of sessions to incorporate topics learned (Games can be teaching situations or free play)